In the last decade, an increasing number of women have added weight training to their exercise routines. Gone are the days when hours of muscle-burning cardio was considered the path to a perfect body. Sure, cardio is great for the heart, but it doesn't do much to tone and define key areas like the shoulders. Here are five of the best shoulder exercises for women.
5 Shoulder Exercises for Women
- Front Raise With Kettlebell (grip the kettlebell with both hands simultaneously)
- Seated Dumbbell Overhead Press (can be performed on a Swiss ball)
- Lateral Deltoid Cable Raise (bend until your back is almost parallel to the floor)
- Reverse Pec Deck Fly (keep arms slightly bent to focus on the rear delt region)
- Seated Cable Row (use a close grip to target definition)
These exercises can be done in any order. Don't be afraid to go heavy. Do a warm-up set with a light weight, then increase the weight on each set. Go as hard as you can without compromising form. I suggest performing three sets of each exercise, with 10-12 reps in each set. As always, make sure to warm up and stretch between sets. Stretching actually improves your overall condition and tone.
- 3 Easy and Effective Leg Exercises for Women
- Four Killer Bodyweight Shoulder Exercises
- Three Shoulder Exercises to Add to Your Upper-Body Training
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock