This Goblet Squat Challenge measures your lower-body strength and endurance while it trains you to maintain proper Squat form even when you're tired.
For the challenge, use a dumbbell that's 20 percent of your bodyweight. So if you weigh 175 pounds, use a 35-pound dumbbell. Set a timer and perform as many Goblet Squats as possible in two minutes. Rest as needed.
To perform a Goblet Squat
- Assume an athletic stance holding the dumbbell to your chest like a goblet
- Initiate the movement by pushing your hips back and your knees out
- Touch your elbows to your knees and return to the starting position
- Keep the dumbbell in contact with your sternum and stomach throughout the movement
Start slow and pace yourself, because you'll probably discover that two minutes is longer than you think.
Using a dumbbell that's 20 percent of your bodyweight, perform as many Goblet Squats as possible in two minutes.
How Do You STACK Up?
Rookie: Less than 60
All-Star: 76 or more
- Bulletproof Your Squat With These 4 Progressions
- 6 At-Home Hip Flexor Mobility Exercises
- Squat Superset