The best part about quarantine is that I've become a better trainer. Like everyone else, I have been locked in my home and been making do with what I have around the house.
For many, that can be just one dumbbell!
If you are looking for a pure metabolic sweat session, pick that bad boy up and give this 4-6 rounds with a strict 60 seconds rest! I promise you that the EPOC you create from this guy can have you burning serious calories while choosing that next Netflix binge.
Here we go!
One: 5 Rounds, 60 seconds REST
- Single Arm Burpee Snatch x 5 per arm
- Single Arm 1.5 rep Arnold Press x 5 per arm
- Iso Lunge Clean to Press With Jump Switch x 5 per side
- Plank Up - Back Row x 5 per side
- Low Hold Single Arm Clean to Stand/Double Halo x 5 per side
- Sumo 1.5 rep Squat Jump with Dumbbell x 5 reps
- Sumo 1.5 rep Squat Jump WITHOUT Dumbbell x 5 reps. Goodness, gracious….ONE round light that metabolic system in overload! Go 5, rest 2:00 then right into FOUR rounds of this nasty guy!
Part Two: 4 Rounds, 60 Rest
- Single Arm Squat to Press x 5 per side
- Snowboarder Burpee x 5 reps (left, right is ONE)
- Frog Jump x 5 reps
- Push Up Jack x 5 reps
Then well if you got any gas left go right into 3 FINAL rounds of Tabatta intervals going 20 seconds on, 10 off, x1 @ EACH exercise, resting a FULL CYCLE before going two more times…
- Burpee Tuck Jump
- FAKE Star Slam Ball (engage that CORE )
- Push Up To Alternating Knee Touch. And…yes….I like to keep going…so to wrap up this 50-minute workout; I ended on 2 x 30 cycles of LATERAL HIGH KNEE RUNS and one cycle of Sit Throughs with 15 rests. This was a full metabolic punch to the gut! If you are up for the FULL workout, go for it and make sure you tag me @mjo_oaf.
For more amazing tips, info and fat loss strategies, follow me on my FREE Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1313069552185847/
Don't let the gym being closed be an excuse to miss workouts! One dumbbell does the trick! If you are looking for a coach to help you reach your goals, I am looking for five more people to train online! You can email me @ email@example.com if you are interested!