When Cristiano Ronaldo isn't leading Juventus to victory, there's a good chance he's either eating, sleeping or training.
The five-time Balloon d'Or winner strives for as many as six meals and five naps per day.
What do those meals look like?
Here's a typical day of eating for Ronaldo, per The Sun Football:
- Breakfast: Ham and Cheese, Low-Fat Yogurt
- Lunch 1: Chicken with Salad
- Lunch 2: Tuna, Olives, Eggs and Tomatoes
- Snacks: Avocado Toast, Fresh Fruit
- Dinner 1: Fresh Swordfish with Salad
- Dinner 2: Steak and Calamari
Great stuff. Lean proteins, healthy fats, fruits and veggies, whole grains—precisely what Ronaldo needs to stay at his peak during the grind of a long season.
In terms of fluids, Ronaldo mostly drinks water, though he'll mix in the occasional fresh juice or coffee. He avoids alcohol almost completely.
There's nothing too exotic about what Ronaldo puts inside his body, but the consistency of his nutrition paired with excellent sleep habits and intelligent training has kept him among the world's best soccer players despite the fact he's nearly 35 years old.
"It's the basics, it's not secrets. You have to take care of yourself," Ronaldo told YouTuber ChrisMD in a 2019 video.
"Of course, I'm not (100% disciplined) every day. Sometimes I eat pizza with my son. Because if not, I'm going to get bored."
In the same video, Ronaldo confirmed he's a ripped 7% body fat. So he's still a machine, just a machine who likes the occasional slice.
Photo Credit: Nicolo Campo/Getty Images
- Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Off Stunning Vertical Jump on Latest Wonder-Goal
- What LeBron James Eats in a Day
- Is Avocado Toast Healthy?