To produce the world's toughest warriors, the Navy subjects SEAL candidates to some of the world's toughest training. The six-month Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) training, which includes the fi ve-and-a-half-day Hell Week, is designed to push the human body to its absolute limit.
Just how tough is Navy SEAL training?
- Duration: 6 months
- Running: 1,300 miles in sand with boots (From the bottom of Maine to the top of Florida)
- Swimming: 150 miles of open water swimming (1.5 times the distance from Cuba to Florida)
Hell Week Stats
- Duration: 132 hours (5.5 days)
- Total Hours of Sleep: 4 hours (3 percent of the week)
- Running: 200 miles on sand in boots (7.5 marathons)
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock