Every week, a new STACK Challenge gives you an opportunity to test your athletic ability and win a STACK T-shirt. Take the challenge and enter to win by tweeting your results with #STACKChallenge.
Start training core rotational strength and you'll slowly begin noticing that aspects of your game like speed, power and stability improve. Get started by completing the Russian Twist Challenge once a week after your workouts.
To perform the challenge, do as many Russian Twists as possible in one minute while holding a 10-pound medicine ball.
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and your heels just off the floor
- Holding the med ball at your chest, rotate left until the ball touches the floor outside your left hip
- Rotate right until the ball touches the floor outside your right hip
- Repeat in a controlled manner, squeezing your abs and performing the movement with your core, not your back
Stop after one minute or when your form begins to suffer.
Complete as many Russian Twists as possible in one minute while holding a 10-pound medicine ball.
How to Win a STACK T-Shirt
- Complete the challenge by Oct. 26
- Follow STACK on Twitter (@stackmedia)
- Tweet your results with #STACKChallenge
- Check back next week to see if you've won
Train your core rotational strength with workouts and tips from these articles:
- Increase Core Strength With Anti-Rotation Exercises
- Henrik Zetterberg Med Ball Rotational Power Series
- Develop Rotational Stability to Amp Your Performance
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock