Lately, training the glutes has become a popular focus in most gyms. Yet equipment specifically made to activate the glute muscles is hard to come by. Athletes often struggle to find a way to add resistance to traditional glute exercises to give their workouts an extra challenge.
The Booty Belt is a glute-specific piece of equipment that adds needed reistance to your lower-body for most popular exercises. It wraps around your waist and attaches to your feet to make traditional bodyweight exercises more difficult.
The bands are useful not only for the glutes, but also for full-body exercises. For a complete all-over Booty Belt workout, check out the four challenging exercises below.
The Booty Belt can be purchased at www.BootyBelt.com.
- Lie flat on your back with for legs straight
- Lift both legs up in the air about 45 degrees
- Keeping your core stable and legs straight, perform a kicking motion, alternating legs
- Begin on your hands and knees
- Place your hands under your shoulders and your knees under your hips
- Lift one leg until the bottom of the foot is parallel with the ceiling
- Return the leg back and repeat with other leg
- Start in a high plank position
- Lower into a Push-Up while bringing your right knee to your right elbow
- Push up to return to a high plank and move your leg back to the starting position
- Repeat on your left side and continue in alternating fashion
Alternate Leg Press
- Lie on your back
- Lift you chest and head up and rest on your forearms
- Lift both legs about 6 inches off the ground
- Kick your right leg out to full extension and tuck your left knee into your chest
- Repeat on opposite side and continue in alternating fashion
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock