Solid heading skills can help set up a teammate with a perfect pass and a free run at the goal. Use the following advice to help you master your headers.
• Hit the ball with upper part of forehead
• Keep your eyes open to see where you're hitting ball
• Hit the ball as close to its equator as possible and in the direction of a teammate
• Arch your back right before using a header; then thrust your upper body forward to propel head forward to strike the ball
• When you know you are going to use a header, go to the ball— don't let it come to you
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock