We are smack dab in the middle of summer. What a great time for wrestlers. The long dark days of winter are gone. The best part? You don't have to cut any weight!
Time to pack on some muscle with a great workout for wrestlers.
Below is an upper-body workout designed specifically for wrestlers. It involves presses, pulls, grip work, core work and exercises that aren't for "normal" athletes. Wrestlers are not "normal" athletes. We just aren't.
Before you start this workout for wrestlers, here is what you need to know:
You have to warm up. Don't be lazy and skip out on this. Don't know what to do? Check out this video.
The workout should take only 45 to 55 minutes to complete. Yeah, you heard me right—55 minutes max. Unless you are a bodybuilder or an Olympic lifting competitor, you do not need to spend more than 55 minutes per workout. Spending two hours in the gym every day doesn't mean you are tough. It probably means you talk too much and are inefficient, Bro.
RELATED: 4-Week Upper-Body Mass Workout
Upper-Body Workout for Wrestlers
- A1: Bench to Plyo Push Up, 5x5 (Plyo Push-Ups to failure)
- A2: Dumbbell Fly Squeeze Press Combo, 3x10
- B1 : Rope Chins to Knee Tuck Combo, 3x8
- B2: Turkish Get-Up, 3x5 each side
- B3: Rope Climb Downs, 3x30 sec
- C1: Mixed-Grip Stability Ball Row, x6
- C2: Javelin Press, x6 each side
- C3: Slosh Tube Overhead Carry, x20 yards down and back
- Do C1, C2 and C3 for as many rounds as possible in 6 minutes.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock