STACK expert Nick Tumminello, owner of Performance University, considers this "the ultimate ab exercise."
The Swiss Ball Pike Roll Out is another efficient move that essentially incorporates two distinct exercises into one fluid movement.
This means a better ab workout in less time.
The key here is to prevent your lower back from sagging via the continuous activation of your core muscles.
How to Perform Swiss Ball Pike Roll Outs
- Assume a High Plank position with your feet on top of a Swiss Ball. The closer the Swiss Ball is to the top of your feet, the more difficult the exercise will be. The closer it is to your knees, the easier it'll be.
- While keeping a rigid core, pull the Swiss Ball underneath you by bridging your hips to the ceiling to get into a pike position.
- Slowly lower yourself to return to the starting position while maintaining rigidity throughout your core.
- From the starting position, use your hands to push yourself back. Your core must prevent your lower back from sagging.
- Once you've rolled out as far as safely possible, hold for a count before rolling yourself back into the starting position.
- That entire sequence counts as one rep
- Demonstrated at the 1:09 mark in this video.
Sets/Reps: 3×8 sets of 8-12 reps